Cancer Aid & Research
There is no longer a formal Cancer Program; however, the following goals are still suggested:
- Education - creating an awareness of the importance of early detection and treatment as a major way to eliminate cancer.
- Research - providing funding to promising cancer research throughout the United States.
- Assistance to members who have cancer through small financial grants.
- Public Awareness - telling our communities about our efforts to support research.
Donations for Cancer Aid & Research
To continue support for the Cancer Grant Program, a $2 per member donation is optional.
Send the Donation to VFW Auxiliary - Department of WI and earmark Cancer Grant Donation
Lenore Otto, Treasurer
1383 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
- January - National Cervical Cancer Awareness Month
- February - National Cancer Prevention Month
- March - National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- April - Cancer Control Month, Testicular Cancer Awareness Week, Young Adult Cancer Awareness Week, Head & Neck Cancer Awareness Week, Minority Cancer Awareness Week
- May - Skin Cancer Awareness, Brain Tumor Action Week, Blood Cancer Advocacy Days, Oncology Nurses Month
- June - National Cancer Survivors Day - June 4th
- August - Special Memorial wreaths at National Convention
- September - Prostate and Ovarian Cancer Awareness, Childhood Cancer Month, Leukemia & Lymphoma Awareness Month, Thyroid Cancer Awareness
- October - National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- November - Lung Cancer Awareness Month, Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, National Hospice Month
Cancer Grant Application
Before submitting an application for a grant, read ALL instructions very carefully! Also ensure current form is used with "REV. 6-18" date at the bottom. No others will be accepted at National Headquarters.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary - Dept. of WI